ADS-B Solutions for Helicopter – AML STC for KT 74 and KGX
BendixKing is pleased to announce it has received FAA approval for the installation of its KT 74 ADS-B Out compliant transponder and KGX-Series ADS-B transceivers on a broad list of popular light helicopters. An approved model list (AML) supplemental type certificate (STC) approval is now available for popular airframes including the Bell 429/407/206L/206B, Airbus AS 322/350/B3/355/365, EC120/130/135/145, Robinson R22/44/66 and MD Helicopters.
This is an exciting milestone for the BendixKing ADS-B solutions because it significantly reduces the paperwork and overall installation time for helicopter operators. In addition, many of these aircraft are equipped with BendixKing KT 76A/C transponders, making them great candidates for the KT 74, slide in replacement.
A trade-in rebate for most existing BendixKing transponders is available, making this a simple and cost-effective way to meet the upcoming mandate. The link just below identifies all eligible trade-in products and their values.
About the BendixKing Helicopter ADS-B Solutions
The AML STC includes:
- KT 74 ADS-B OUT Mode S transponder*
- KGX 150R ADS-B remote mount receiver with an Integrated WAAS GPS
- KGX 130R ADS-B remote mount receiver without an integrated GPS
- KGX Wireless WI-FI Adapter to interface with popular iOS and Android tablets for ADS-B Traffic & Weather.
- Garmin GNS 400W and 500W series navigators.
Airframes approved under the AML STC are:
- Bell Helicopter 429/407/206L/206B
- Airbus Helicopters AS 322/350/B3/355/365 and EC 120/130/135/145
- Robinson Helicopters R22/44/66 – solution overview link below
- MD Helicopters MD-500.
*Compatible WAAS navigators or the KGX 150R ADS-B remote mount receiver with an integrated WAAS GPS may be used as a position source for ADS-B OUT with this STC.
Other industry GPS receivers may be integrated with this solution as shown in the table below.
KT 74 with KGX 150R/130R or Garmin GNS 400W/500W have been STC’d for these Helicopter Configurations
Product videos, pricing and further information may be found at the BendixKing website link. http://www.bendixking.com/V4/ADS-B
Article and information obtained from BendixKing Dealer News, August 2016 Vol.3