The Graphic Artist Designs or creates graphics to meet specific Aerospace or promotional needs, such as Labels, Backlit Overlays, or Promotional logos. May use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects.
DOE: $ 13.25 - $ 34.50 per hour
- Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts, based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Web sites.
- Use computer software to generate new images.
- Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
- Maintain archive of images, photos, or previous work products.
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with supervisors and making necessary changes.
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
- Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
- Operate CO2 & Fiber Laser
- Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
- In adhering to company polices, all employees are subject to random drug and alcohol tests
- This position is also subject to pre-hire and for cause drug and alcohol testing under the Florida Drug Free Workplace drug program.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor
- Design — Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of Labels, Backlit Overlays, Decals and Drawings.
- Communications and Media — Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
- English Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Computers and Electronics — Knowledge of circuit boards, electronic equipment. C02 & Fiber Laser
- Computer aided design CAD software — Autodesk AutoCAD
- ERP Software — Component Control, Quantum
- Document management software — Adobe Systems Adobe Acrobat
- Graphics or photo imaging software — Adobe Systems Adobe Flash; Adobe Systems Adobe Photoshop; Microsoft Visio; Corel Draw X8
- Office suite software — WordPerfect Office Suite; Microsoft Office
- Presentation software —Microsoft PowerPoint
- Spreadsheet software — Microsoft Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred or equivalent certifications and/or work experience
- The ability to work independently using drawings, sketches, verbal instructions and standard reference materials
- The ability to plan work and assure compliance with established technical standards and manufacturer's published specifications.
- Work quickly and accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Pay close attention to detail
- Use computer-based programs to clock in/out and perform other self-serve duties
- Must be able to work efficiently with other employees as part of a team or individually
- Acceptable background check for required matters
- US Citizen as defined in 22CFR 120.15 for required matters.
The Graphic Artist position must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. as well as have the ability to stand for long periods of time. Physical requirements of the position may also include, but are not limited to, bending, twisting, and lifting.
Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Portable HSA account, Clothing allowance.