The Electrical Fabricator I assembles and tests wire harnesses and cable assemblies as well as electro-mechanical assemblies in accordance with documented procedures, approved engineering drawings and established industry standards.
Compensation: DOE, entry $13.00/hour and up
- Fabricate and assemble high quality, high reliability wire harness and electromechanical assemblies
- Self-monitor work progress against area benchmarks and achieve on time delivery of all work
- Read, interpret and work from drawings as well as from controlled documentation and processes
- Perform all crimping, stripping, soldering and other termination functions required for wire harnesses assembly using manufacturer instructions, wiring diagrams, layout drawings, mechanical drawings, work instructions, schematics, engineering drawings, and parts lists
- Record work performed on Southeast Aerospace work instructions
- Perform verifications of work performed by using pull testing machines, GO/NOGO gauges, multi-meters and other approved test equipment, and documenting results in a clear, precise and complete manner
- Assist with the development of production processes for first time production runs
- Perform all work in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration guidelines
- Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
- In adhering to company polices, all employees are subject to random drug and alcohol tests
- This position is also subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT and FAA regulations
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in wire harness, and cabling - specifically, processing shielded wire, soldering, and terminating wire harnesses
- The ability to work independently using drawings, sketches, verbal instructions and standard reference materials
- The ability to plan work and assure compliance with established technical standards and manufacturer's published specifications.
- Work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Be able to provide own hand tools
- Pay close attention to detail in frequently reviewing and completing forms and checklists
- Use computer based programs to clock in/out and perform other self-serve duties
- Understand written and verbal instructions to successfully perform tasks
- Must be able to work efficiently with other employees as part of a team or individually
- Acceptable background check for required matters
- US Citizen as defined in FAR 22CFR 120.15 for required matters.
The working conditions of the Electrical Fabricator I will mostly be a well-lit, air conditioned shop environment. Occasionally (but rarely), job functions will require performance in other locations (e.g. aircraft hangar). The normal work hours for the Electrical Fabricator I position are defined as Monday thru Friday, 8:00 AM thru 5:00 PM, with a one hour lunch break. Overtime and shift work may be required of the position.
The Electrical Fabricator I position must be physically able to lift up to 50 lbs. as well as have the ability to sit or stand for long periods of time. Physical requirements of the position may also include, but are not limited to, bending, twisting, and lifting.
- Health, Dental, 401K, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Paid Personal Time at eligibility.
- Currently, Group Health, and Dental Insurance premiums fully paid for the employee and dependents at eligibility.