The Drafter provides Computer Aided Design application experience such as AutoCAD 2014 and/or Inventor to generate, modify and revise engineering drawings in support of various avionics system integration design projects. Drawings for system integration may include both mechanical and electrical portions.
Draftsmen are responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Coordinate with engineers for design requirements and understanding the requirements for the tasks
- Create, modify or revise CAD drawing using available CAD applications to meeting the project requirements under engineering direction
- Supporting designers for creating engineering drawing
- Estimate time needed for completing the assigned tasks
- Ensure the company drafting standards are followed
- Ensure tasks performed are error free
- Adhere to the time and date schedules for drawing and projects
- Use computer-based programs to clock in and out and to perform other self-serve duties
- Work quickly and accurately in a fast paced environment
- Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
- In adhering to company polices, all employees are subject to random drug and alcohol tests
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Any and all other duties assigned by the supervisor
The Draftsman shall hold the following qualifications:
- 1 year of experience with AutoCAD 2014 (or later revision) application
- 1 year of experience with Autodesk Inventor application
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat application for creating PDF
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Knowledge of the creating mechanical and electrical drawing
- Knowledge of ASME Y14.100 and ASME Y14.5
- Able to generate engineering drawing with minimum direction from engineer
- Acceptable background check for required matters, including strict facility badging requirements.
- Lawful US Person as defined in US Code 8 U.S.C. 1342b(a)(3).
Most often, the working conditions for the Draftsman are an office-type environment, but may also require long hours of seated work. The Drafter must be able to crawl in the aircraft and take photos on some specific area for design purpose.
Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Portable HSA account, Clothing allowance.