The QC Inspector / CMM Programmer - Operator will program a coordinate measuring machine (CMM) and utilize said program and equipment to inspect precision machined parts to drawing requirements. Additionally, various measuring devices including but not limited to calipers, micrometers, bore gages, depth gages, thread gages, height gages, etc. will be utilized.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of all materials, in process parts and finished products.
- Programming and operation of CMM, optical measuring equipment, height gauges and various handheld measuring devices
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections of all materials, in process parts and finished products
- Complete documentation needed to support AS9100 QMS including but not limited to FAI report
- Perform First Article Inspections in accordance with AS9102 Standard
- Identify quality problems and recommend solutions
- Monitor equipment operation to ensure proper functioning
- Monitor documentation for accuracy and completeness
- Maintain a clean production environment for inspection equipment
- Work closely with CNC machinists to complete inspections and support the team to meet Customer deadlines
- Adhere to all Southeast Aerospace company policies, safety guidelines, and code of ethical conduct
- This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing under DOT and FAA regulations - employees are subject to pre-hire, random, and for cause drug and alcohol tests
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic computer skills using Windows related software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook)
- Skill using Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Suite software
- 5yrs minimum experience in a machine shop environment working with Aerospace components
- Familiarity of Zeiss Calypso software and Solidworks
- Thorough understanding of GD&T
- Ability to read and understand complex engineering drawings, procedures, specifications and manuals.
- Able to use desktop computer to generate spreadsheets, presentations, databases and documents.
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of programs, such as Zeiss Calypso Software and AutoCAD
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of Microsoft Office
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of EXCEL
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of Adobe Acrobat application for creating PDFs
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of Access
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity with military, SAE, NAS, material and electrical components as well as electronic component standards
- Preferred - Knowledge of or familiarity of AS9100 working environment.
- Required - Acceptable background check for required matters.
- Required - Lawful US Person as defined in FAR 22CFR 120.15 for required matters.
The QC Inspector / CMM Programmer - Operator works within normal shift hours (8AM to 5PM). Job tasks are performed in close physical proximity to other people. The job operates in a professional office environment and Industrial environment. Working conditions will most often include an open aircraft hangar environment which is exposed to various ambient conditions that can be loud due to aircraft engines and equipment. The naturally busy conditions will require excellent organizational, time, and stress management skills to complete all required tasks. Occasional early morning, evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
The individual will be required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Health, Dental, 401K-Profit Sharing, Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Portable HSA Account, Clothing Allowance
- Health and Dental insurance premiums fully paid by employer for employee. Southeast Aerospace pays 80% of Health and Dental insurance premiums for legal dependents.
- 401(k) and profit sharing at eligibility